Friday, September 23, 2011

2nd Power Up: Still a few changes to the hub needed

There will be additional changes to the hub over this week-end. My laptop is back on line. I had forgotten that there are a handful of considerations when scaling down or up between small and full scale. Most RC helos have rigid hubs and utilize blade bending to negate disymmetry of lift, so this week end I will be restoring the hub assembly back to an "RC" heli style hub. The mass/weight consideration apply to larger and full scale helos that utilize semi-rigid rotor hubs that teeter. The directional control will still be attained with the mechanical morphing airframe. In this vid clip I state that I will use a 3 bladed rigid, but only if this week-end proves unsuccessful. Lift to weight ratios still good.
Dave

No comments: