Sunday, August 19, 2012

Outdoor Flight

I'm still not satisfied. Made some changes, 180 degree flip on the forward/aft servo, but no a cherping has developed, causing inconsistent rpms and excessive yaw that neither the trim tab or yaw control surface can counter. The concept works, so I'm scaling up to gas powered. I have a 54 cc chain saw engine and I intend to use a go pro camera.



Airframe hit the ground from 15 feet....airframe was more rugged than I had expected. The combination adhesive with carbon fiber gusset plates was a good choice on my part. The battery/yaw control platform broke free. It still flew, but lost forward/aft control which I expected. Regarding planform morphing airframes, if there are not 2 points of connection with the weight equally distributed between both airframes, allowing both airframes to move within "one another" the lower airframe will act like a clock pendulum. I suppose my theory proved right.




 
Airframe detail below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKixR_89BQg




No comments: