Friday, June 8, 2012

Open Source Rotorcraft Tech

I have a number of designs, but on my previous web site I did have an "open source" rotorcraft tech for tinkerers. This sketch is a smaller version of one of those open source tech ideas of mine, but just the rotor control joint which is just shrunk down a bit. The two spherical bearing were spread farther apart in the previous concept that was a single mast design with a tail rotor. I've also shared the designed with a friend or two.
 It's an individual responsibility and risk to build any rotorcraft, manned or unmanned, as flying anything has it's own inherent dangers. I would suggest that the designs herein be used only for RC or UAV scale rotorcraft as the designs are unproven. You are responsible and liable for your own actions and any injuries should you not take the appropriate precautions. I'll have updated sketches as time progresses. I do plan to build this particular coaxial design later on. Very soon I will start the RC version of this, but with the HIR "planform" morphing air frames joined.




No comments: